This update follows the first open beta launched a month ago. Just like with Beta 1, signing up for Beta 2 will give you early access to the latest operating system enhancements, an exclusive preview of Android 14Open Beta 1 improvements, as well as new Glyph interface features, listed below:
- Glyph Progress integration for Google Calendar. Keep track of your upcoming events with a 5-minute countdown timer via the Glyph interface.
- Glyph Timer now supports time presets, allowing you to quickly set the duration you want.
- Glyph Timer can now be opened directly from the lock screen without unlocking.
- Added an option to open the Glyph Timer popup by tapping instead of holding. This also works with the Quick Settings widget.
- Added a new glyph animation when NFC is used.
- Predictive Back is now supported on all Nothing apps.
- Added more options for the double-tap power button gesture.
- Improved reliability of the three-finger swipe gesture.
- Updated several status bar icons.
- Many other minor UI improvements.
- General bug fixes.
If you’re already running Nothing OS 2.5 Open Beta 1 on your Nothing Phone (2), all you’ll need to do to update to Beta 2 is go to Settings > System > System Update and click apply the OTA (over the -air) update. However, if you want to update from the latest stable version, you will need to download the company’s beta installer, available on the Nothing Community blog.
Keep in mind that since this is beta software, there is always a risk of things going wrong. For this reason, the company provides a recovery package for Nothing OS 2.0.4, with clear instructions that can also be found on the same link as the beta installer.